Travel & Parking Information
Derby DE24 8JE
t: 01332 334800
HOW TO GET TO THE MICROBIOLOGY SHOW
The Roundhouse is easily accessible from just about anywhere in the UK. It’s set in the historic Railway Quarter of Derby, the UK’s most central city.Derby is just 15 minutes from East Midlands Airport and just five miles from the M1 motorway.
We have organised 250 spaces at The Derby Arena. If the car parks directly outside & around The Roundhouse are full please use these spaces. Full details are in the Pride Park & Ride section below.
Travelling by rail
By far the easiest method to reach The Roundhouse from outside Derby is by rail. The Roundhouse is located just a few steps from the city’s railway station, so as soon as you step off the train you’re right here. Derby is a major rail hub, offering fast connections right across the UK and a 90-minute link from central London.
For connection information please visit:
- The Roundhouse is located directly next to Derby Train Station.
- Derby is only 93 minutes from London St Pancras with 35 direct services daily.
- Derby Station is at the heart of the national rail network with fast, direct connections to Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds, Reading and other business destinations.
Travelling by car
We are a 10-minute drive from the M1 (J25) and 30 minutes from the M6, Derby is at the heart of the motorway network.
There is a large Car Park (The Point) situated on the corner of Roundhouse Road and Hudson Way (orange on the map) – it takes approximately 2 minutes to walk from here to the Roundhouse.
Address: The Point, Hudson Way, Derby, DE24 8JE
For details and directions please visit: http://www.green-parking.co.uk/derby-the-point-car-park-site/
Payment is by cash only at one machine (as you enter) or by credit card at the second machine (towards Roundhouse Road) £6.00 for a day ticket
You can also pay for this car park by using RingGo.
Dial: 0203 046 0010 with your credit/debit card – quoting your number plate and location number 2860
Pride Park and Ride Service
We have organised 250 spaces at The Derby Arena. If the car parks directly outside & around The Roundhouse are full please use these spaces.
Please note – you can still park in this car park and walk over if you don’t want to use the bus.
There is a frequent bus service from the large Car Park at Derby Arena to Roundhouse Road – near The Roundhouse
How to find Derby Arena (for park and ride service)
Derby Arena is signposted on all major routes. If using SAT NAV, please use DE24 8AN or type in ‘Derby Arena’ into your navigation system.
Pride Park and Ride Users
- £3 per car per day at Derby Arena (There are over a 1000 spaces in the car park)
Payment can be made at the ticket machines by the Arena either before or after bus travel. In the event that the ticket machines are out of order, payment should be made at the Parking Attendant’s office, which is located by the entry barrier.
A detailed timetable for the day of the event is available online, simply input your journey at the time you will be travelling into the journey planner – https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/journeyplanner/query/en?OK#focus
The times of buses are below –
You get on at Pride Park Park & Ride and get off at Pride Park Roundhouse Road – This is a short 3-5 min journey
Steps to take once you have arrived at The Arena –
- Park car at Derby arena (DE24 8JB)
- Wait at bus stop outside front of arena and get on any bus heading to the ‘city centre’.
- Buses are typically every 15 mins
- Ask the driver to stop at‘Roundhouse Road’.
- The trip is £1 for a single and typically takes between 2-5 minutes depending on traffic
- Once you get off the bus, it is a 2 minute walk to the Roundhouse.
See map of journey below